Wednesday 29 October 2014

Chapter 8: Standing together

8:17-18:   ‘I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Here am I, and the children the Lord has given me.’

                                                       Pic: andyatfaith.blogspot.ie

The prelude to this saying is another series of menacing warnings and gloomy prognostications. But all is not lost. In situations of terrible stress and when all seems hopeless and the worst may or will happen we can ‘wait for the Lord’ who seems to be playing a game of hide and seek with us – not showing us his face. Even still I will trust in the Lord, my help comes from him. I can say in all honesty ‘here am I’ together with those given to me at this time in my life.  In such situations we are given others to stand together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.