Monday 27 October 2014

Chapter 6: Resistance is futile

6:8 ‘ Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”’

The call to speak up and act out in any sphere of life is not an easy one. We might rather presume our own destiny and avoid, at all costs, confrontation, travail, opposition, trouble, discomfort and uncertainty.

Yet, not saying yes is not a serious option. The call to speak and act keep returning. The prophet Jeremiah put it this way:

‘But if I say, “I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,” his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.’ (Jer. 20:9)


Resistance is futile. ‘Here am I. Send me’.

#JourneyIsaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.