Thursday 25 December 2014

Isaiah chapter 65: Not sought for

65:1 ‘‘‘I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, “Here am I, here am I.”


Waiting to be discovered and loved. Many images of God-who-is-love (hesed) is One who intervenes, saves, brings back and takes forward. But, other images are present – God waits patiently, alone, when nobody seeks Him.  We can be more attentive to this God in prayer and sacrament. But, such prayerfulness and sacramentalism, to be meaningful must feed off God-who-is-with-us (Emmanuel) in the poor, the lost, the marginalised. Such sacramental openings are never missing. This line of Isaiah seems to balance off against the saying in Luke 11:9:

‘ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.’
It is as if God gives anyway, reveals Himself anyway.


#JourneyIsaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.