Sunday 14 December 2014

Isaiah chapter 54: To the One

54:8 ‘with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you’

This passage speaks of Hesed – the Hebrew word for which there is no adequate translation in other languages. In English we say, as an approximation, the ‘loving kindness of God’ – an attribute unique to God.

                                                        pic: http://www.melissademing.com

To the One who gives me freedom to think for myself and to question;
To the One who gives me freedom to act responsibly in accord with my conscience;
To the One who gives me freedom to love without fear;
To the One who gives me Joy in the knowledge that God always loves me as I am;
To the One who give me Life to enjoy and share now and always;
To the One who loves us more than we can ever imagine or tell;
Glory, Praise and Thanksgiving,
Now and evermore,
Amen


#JourneyIsaiah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.